What is Maven?
Maven is a “build & dependency management tool“. It addresses two aspects of building software: First, it describes how software is built, and second, it describes its dependencies.
Let’s see how to setup the maven.
Download the maven from the below link,
- Extract the apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip file and place the apache-maven-3.1.1 folder into C Drive or anywhere you want.
Environment Variable Setup
- Go To control panel and search for environment then you would get System Icon. Then click on the Edit Environment variable for your account.
- Now you would get the Environment variable Window,
- Add the below Variables by click Add button,
|Variable Name||Variable Value|
- Now the Maven setup has been done, you could check whether the configuration is done properly or not by doing the below steps,
- Goto Run and type cmd,
- You would get command prompt as like below, then type mvn –version and press enter key. You could able to see the maven version details, if not probably you might be missed some configurations. So kindly verify the steps.